Aspire Academy is our emblematic program. It is the only leadership and entrepreneurship academy in Romania with courses taught by top Ivy League professors & lecturers, top industry speakers, successful regional CEOs and entrepreneurs. Dedicated to deeply motivated and distinctive students, it is specifically designed to encourage you to pursue your passions and create an energetic, proactive community with common interests and values.
Our eight-day program takes place every July at Ana Hotels in Poiana Brasov and is dedicated to undergraduate and postgraduate students. Each and every one of our carefully selected 50 participants is an outstanding individual who is either already or well on their way to affecting change in their community and beyond.
Aspire differentiates itself through elective courses which will allow you to create your own Aspire experience and a personalized curriculum, tailored to your needs and interests.
Our Academy is based on four fundamental pillars:
- Leadership – A mix of engaging case studies and interactive sessions with leaders from various professional fields
- Personal Development – Communication and self-development sessions paired with self-awareness team-based projects which offer you the opportunity to discover the factors that motivate and drive you
- Entrepreneurship – Lectures on how to build a start-up, discussions with the most successful regional entrepreneurs and a business plan competition
- Networking with Aspire Alumni – Formal and non-formal networking sessions between the participants themselves, as well as Aspire alumni.
A glimpse of the lectures and workshops led by Ivy League speakers & lecturers at Aspire Academy
- Authentic Leadership Development
- Strategic Planning
- Design Thinking
- Business and Ethics
Aspire Academy also enables you to engage with notable speakers across key sectors and:
- Discover how to meticulously set goals and create a plan to achieve them
- Discuss about the strengths and weaknesses of your leadership style, your professional objectives and what it means to build a successful career
- Understand entrepreneurship and the positive impact you can have in the world
In addition to lectures and workshops, you will have multiple opportunities to connect and form life-long relationships at Aspire Academy. Below are a couple of examples:
- Understanding the art and science of communication
- Discovering leadership through tango
- Outdoor team-building competitions
Who are we looking for at Aspire Academy?
- Undergraduate and postgraduate students, under 27 years old.
- Demonstrated leadership track: You should be genuinely committed to bringing about positive change in your community, school and respective country, be it through entrepreneurship, policy, student clubs, NGOs, sports, or others.
- Intellectual maturity and academic excellence: We are not looking for candidates with perfect scores, but for those who can prove that progress, ambition and hard work are part of their day-to-day life. Candidates must demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity, commitment to learning and discovering, and show passion for a particular field.
- Emotional maturity: Candidates must be willing to connect with their peers and open up to discussions, debates, and storytelling. They must demonstrate an ability to purposefully engage with others in ways that help foster a climate of mutual understanding and support.
- Driven personality: Our students show a willingness to go outside their comfort zone, take risks and learn from them. We seek young people who have demonstrated energy and determination during both individual and group projects and assignments.
- Last but not least, it is imperative that applicants have a strong command of English, as the program is entirely English-based.
If the above elements seem to describe you, we gladly invite you to apply and become part of our amazing community!
*In 2023, Aspire will organize its flagship summer program physically in Poiana Brasov, Romania, while adhering to the Romanian and European Union health and safety guidelines. The wellbeing of our students, professors and staff are our primary concern and we will take all necessary measures to comply with all local, national, and international requirements. We are closely monitoring the situation and are in contact with authorities to assess and implement any additional guidance, of which we will keep all participants informed.