Aspire High School is our core program dedicated to outstanding high school students from all over the world. It aims to help them define their academic and professional journey and connect them with mentors who will inspire and challenge them. Members of our alumni community will share their educational experiences and prepare them for successfully navigating the US and UK college admission process.
Our five-day program takes place every July at Ana Hotels in Poiana Brasov. Each and every one of our 45 participants is one of best and brightest high school students from all over the world and is not afraid to challenge himself/herself and strive for excellence. The candidates we are looking for are at the beginning of their academic and professional journey. They need motivation from people of their age, mentors who can guide their future steps, and role-models who can inspire them. Thus, they must demonstrate that they are curious and enthusiastic enough to assimilate the high-level information provided, but, in the same time mature, in order to discern which information is relevant and matches their academic objectives. In this way, the Aspire experience would be able to unleash their potential and unveil itself as a motivational and inspirational life experience.
Aspire High School is based on four pillars:
- Leadership – A mix of Harvard Business School case studies and interactive sessions with leaders from various professional fields.
- Academic guidance – Professional university admissions counselling and interactive workshops with successful college students and graduates.
- Personal development – Communication and self-development sessions paired with self-awareness team-based projects which offer participants the opportunity to discover the factors that motivate and drive them.
- Networking with Aspire Alumni – Workshops and panels on professional and academic guidance with Aspire alumni from all over the world.
A glimpse of the lectures and workshops that make up the program.
Your Academic Journey:
- Admissions at top universities in the US and UK
- How to define your college path
- Writing a stellar college application
Exploring case studies with Ivy League University Instructors:
- Examining stories of leadership and management
- Creating an environment for learning and innovation
- Measuring the success of your team
Engaging with notable speakers across key sectors:
- Exploring the full potential of social media
- Discovering how to set goals and how to stay the course of your dreams
- Social entrepreneurship and the impact you can have on the world
Personal Development and Networking:
- Introduction to negotiations
- Understanding the art and science of communication
- Outdoor team-building competitions
Who are we looking for?
- You must be enrolled in or on track to graduate high school.
- Demonstrated leadership track: You should be genuinely committed to bringing about positive change in your community, school and respective country, be it through entrepreneurship, policy, student clubs, NGOs, sports, or others.
- Intellectual maturity and academic excellence: Candidates will be in the position to interact with university professors and other real-life professionals, therefore they must be able to engage in debates, conversation and understand the core message. We do not look for candidates with perfect scores, but for those who can prove that progress, ambition and hard-work are part of their day to day life. Candidates demonstrate a high level of intellectual curiosity, are committed to learning and discovering and show passion for a particular field.
- Emotional maturity: Candidates must be willing to connect with their peers and open up to discussions, debates, and storytelling. They must demonstrate an ability to purposefully engage with others in ways that help foster a climate of mutual understanding and support.
- Driven personality: Our students show a willingness to go outside their comfort zone, take risks and learn from them. We seek young people who have demonstrated energy and determination during both individual and group projects and assignments.
- Last but not least, it is imperative that applicants have a strong command of English, as the program is entirely English-based.
If the above elements seem to describe you, we gladly invite you to apply and become part of our amazing community of alumni!